Respectfully submitted in timely advance by J.R.Myers, CP Montana National Committee Member #1, on 10/13/2018 to the CP National Secretary for distribution to the CP National Committee Members, accordingy to CP Bylaws, for consideration and deliberation at the Fall 2018 CP National Committee Meeting, to be held 11/16-17 in Dallas, Texas.
Resolution to Create a National Constitution Party (CP)
Supporting Partner Affiliation Card (SPACard)
With a Three Tiered Dues Structure
With Incentivized CP National, State & Area Revenue Sharing
Whereas the National Constitution Party (CP), the many CP State Affiliates and the CP Areas need additional sources of revenue to continue to fulfill their missions and expand their activities;
Whereas the CP could benefit from a way of gauging support in places that don’t have voter registration by Party, or Affiliate State Membership;
Whereas the CP has previously offered supporters and local and state members the opportunity to contribute their support directly through the payment of annual membership dues, realizing that this provides a reliable way for grassroots CP supporters to directly help fund growth opportunities for CP National, State Affiliates and Areas; and
Whereas the CP has previously recognized such dues paying members by offering official CP membership cards and now seeks to provide another similar means of affiliation, recognition and identification for our grassroots supporters, especially those residing in places without CP Affiliate State Membership or voter registration by Party;
now, therefore, be it
Resolved, that the Constitution Party (CP) National Executive Committee:
1. shall immediately appoint a CP Member to coordinate with the CP National Treasurer, Secretary and Chairman the creation of a suitable and durable Official Constitution Party Supporting Partner Affiliation Card (SPACard) and Certificate. These cards and certificates shall include space for the CP Supporting Partner’s Name, as well as their Original Date of Partnership and the current Date and Level of Partnership. The Official CP SPACards and Certificates shall be signed by a CP National Officer;
2. shall ensure deposit of all SPACard funds raised into the appropriate bank accounts in a timely manner;
3. shall ensure that each new Supporting Partner Affiliate is provided with an Official CP Welcoming Packet that shall minimally include an Official SPACard or Certificate and a pocket U.S. Constitution;
4. shall ensure implementation of Three Levels of CP SPACards;
a. Constitution Party Activist $25.00/Year or more. (Red SPACard or Certificate and a Pocket U.S. Constitution).
b. Constitution Party Patriot $250.00/Year or more. (White SPACard or Certificate, a Pocket U.S. Constitution, a Commemorative CP one gram 999.9 pure silver ingot, The 5,000 Year Leap, and the Howard Phillips Legacy Society Victory Report).
c. Constitution Party Freedom Fighter $2,500/Year or more. (Blue SPACard/Certificate, Pocket U.S. Constitution, Commemorative CP one gram 999.9 pure silver ingot, The 5,000 Year Leap, How To Read The Constitution & The Declaration Of Independence, The Fisherman’s Catch: A Conservative Bedtime Story, and the Howard Phillips Legacy Society Victory Report).
5. shall ensure division of all SPACard receipts on a 70% (National CP) to 30% (State Affiliate) basis if State Affiliate Annual Assessment has not been paid, or once State Affiliate Annual Assessment has been paid, on a 50% to 50% basis between the National CP and the dues paying partners’ Credentialed CP State Affiliate, after reasonable SPACard program administrative expenses of no more than 10% are deducted by the National CP;
6. shall ensure diversion of 50% of those funds received from members who don’t reside within a state with an official CP State Affiliate into one of four segregated Area funds set up and maintained by the National Treasurer for use by the associated four Area Chairmen to further CP organizational efforts in their specific regions;
7. shall accept current SPACards as proof of CP involvement, especially in states without voter registration by Party, or an existing organized CP State Affiliate; and
8. shall ensure the prominent display of the following explicit disclaimer on any and all SPACard promotions and on the SPACards themselves, stating in a minimum 12 point bold font, “While this card serves as official proof of the individual partners CP support, NO formal National or State CP membership or voting rights whatsoever are conferred by virtue of this card. Only bona fide CP Members, according to their applicable official CP State Affiliate Bylaws, have voting rights and may serve as officers within the Constitution Party.”